Thread: Rbs

Lightbulb Unanswered: Rbs

Hi. Im using Ora8174 and I have some problems with RBSegs, so Im going to recrete them.
    The application usually perform short transactions, so with 16 4mb RBS will be enough. But sometimes, users perform statistics task with large querys and get RBS errors.
    I decided to create one or two big RBS (50mb) but I'm not sure how to configure the storage clause. I mean, 1 50mb initial extent, 10 5mb init extent... which is the best option?
    thanks for any help!
    Manf

It really depends on what the needs are and the application. Unless you can SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT ... prior to the users issuing the larger query, you cannot be guarenteed Oracle will use that larger rollback segment for the query.
    I have an app that does a massive update once a month. At that point, I SET TRANSACTION for a large rollback segment (200mg initial with 25mg next). Find out what the size need is. You can look at HWM to get an idea....

Select substr(NAME,1,10), shrinks, wraps, extends, aveshrink, aveactive, hwmsize
    From v$rollstat a, v$rollname b
    where a.usn = b.usn;

HTH
    Gregg

HTH
    Gregg [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Thanks for your info gregg, I can use the SET command.
    It would be helpfull.

Regards,

Manf