Unanswered: sorry but im not allowed to give info Out

Hi Dennis

Ive never actually had a problem with the special cells function all i was trying to achieve was a speed up of the process. Each select is not that big at most say about a thousand rows(theres just lots of them).

Im afraid i cant post any information up as the work i do is highly confidential and i would be breaking the data protection act if i did post anything. (Maybe get bunged in jail). This is why i am quite ambigous in some of my statements above as the data i work with could be deemed confidential is several different ways.(id probably miss something that could be deemed personel even if i tried to annonimise data).

All i was really trying to find out was if i could select say every instance of "A" in a given range

Thanks
    David

David, might help if you posted in the same thread.

I too work with confidential information. My solution when needing help like this is to set up a new worksheet with completely different headings, data, references, etc., sometimes even reducing the columns to samples only.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Originally posted by shades
    David, might help if you posted in the same thread.

I too work with confidential information. My solution when needing help like this is to set up a new worksheet with completely different headings, data, references, etc., sometimes even reducing the columns to samples only.
    Sorry about that

I hope ive annonimised this properly ive put some samples of all the code and the files it writes from and to
    Attached Files Attached Files

David,

Thanks for the example and I will take a closer look to it and let You know the outcome.

Kind regards,
    Dennis
    Kind regards,
    Dennis