Unanswered: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlcxt .sqlald .sqlclu

Hi,

I am working on AIX 5.1 & Oracle 9.2.0 and when I am building my application I am getting the below link error. I found that there is no libclntsh.so is not under $ORACLE_HOME/lib. Can anybody tell me whether libclntsh.so is required to resolve this problem. If so how can I create it under $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlcxt
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlald
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlclu
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlnul
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlpr2
    ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.

Thanks,
    Narender

You should be able to create libclntsh by running $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh

Just make sure you are logged in as the oracle owner and have $ORACLE_HOME set.

Re: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlcxt .sqlald .sqlclu

I had met this problem with the same message.
    I can precompile the .pc files to .c and compile the .c to .o, but can not link the .o files to executable file.
    After tried some ways, I found the problem was solved when do some modification to the makefile:

Use "-L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32" replace "-L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib" in the makefile or link commands.

Then it done.

Re: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlcxt .sqlald .sqlclu

It's because, with AIX 5.1 OS & Oracle 9.2, $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory include only 64bits libraries. So if you want to build an 64bits programm, you must link with this directectory, otherelse, use $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 to found 32bits Oracle libraries.

Originally posted by pnarender
    Hi,

I am working on AIX 5.1 & Oracle 9.2.0 and when I am building my application I am getting the below link error. I found that there is no libclntsh.so is not under $ORACLE_HOME/lib. Can anybody tell me whether libclntsh.so is required to resolve this problem. If so how can I create it under $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlcxt
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlald
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlclu
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlnul
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlpr2
    ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.

Thanks,
    Narender