Software Ideas Please!

I am working on a pc based application. I need it to interface with a database. I have vb.net, but need access and require that the user need access in order to purchase my software. Are there any software applications to create a deployable database application all in one? Delphi, Informix? Any ideas / reviews? I'm open to suggestions. I could use mysql but I dont want to require the user to download and install a separate component from my software.

Amy

Well you can go the modern way.
    Why - in these times - distribute offline software while you can gain money by becoming Application Service Provider.
    Choose a good host with a good database platform and users just access your application on the internet.
    U make the backups and sys adminsitration as ASP. For instance instead of asking 100 dollars once you just ask 40 dollars a year. You have centralized deployment of updates and users will sooner be attracted to pay for 40 instead of 100 .

Re: Software Ideas Please!

Originally posted by adunphy
    I am working on a pc based application. I need it to interface with a database. I have vb.net, but need access and require that the user need access in order to purchase my software. Are there any software applications to create a deployable database application all in one? Delphi, Informix? Any ideas / reviews? I'm open to suggestions. I could use mysql but I dont want to require the user to download and install a separate component from my software.

Amy
    Look at www.unixspace.com/context.

A.L.

Originally posted by lashenko
    Look at www.unixspace.com/context.

A.L.
    I've read from A to Z and this looks promising (makes me think of www.datheon.com, although dateon is only about up and go databases).

If you invent self-defining software (no programmers ) you have a golden tool. But it doesn't help the TS, in contrary he can throw away his software if COntext really does what it says it does.

I've tried the demo but it doesn't work on my pc (firewall issue??).

Originally posted by Machiel
    I've read from A to Z and this looks promising (makes me think of www.datheon.com, although dateon is only about up and go databases).

If you invent self-defining software (no programmers ) you have a golden tool. But it doesn't help the TS, in contrary he can throw away his software if COntext really does what it says it does.

I've tried the demo but it doesn't work on my pc (firewall issue??).
    Maybe, it's Java... Try to download the evaluation version from www.unixspace.com/download

A.L.

Wink Re: Software Ideas Please!

Originally posted by lashenko
    Maybe, it's Java... Try to download the evaluation version from www.unixspace.com/download

A.L.
    Yep, just did it and going to install it. I'm curious about this tool.

Try this tool, it has really saved me so much development and deployment time:

http://www.geocities.com/scirocco_ha/DataControl.htm

Originally posted by adunphy

Amy