Unanswered: unable to connect in Sql Server 6.5 error

I have loaded NT4 onto a machine with 256MB's of ram. I have put on SP6 and the hard drive is 80GB's in size. I then loaded in SQL Server 6.5 and set up my default database at 250MB's in size. I can ping all other computers on the network and they can ping me but when I try to register the database it give me a unable to connect error. This is the 10004 error. The error is Execomm and it says the DBPROCESS is dead. I guess thats cause it won't connect. The Sqlserver is running and so is the sqlexecutive running.

Help, Help, Help.

TIA

YOu said "all other computers on the network." Are you running Win2K domain, and if yes, are you running AD? Can you ping any other machine from the one with 6.5? Can you open EM on that machine and register the server locally? Did you check what network libraries are selected for communication in Server Network Config applet? In other words, - give us some more info

Originally posted by rdjabarov
    YOu said "all other computers on the network." Are you running Win2K domain, and if yes, are you running AD? Can you ping any other machine from the one with 6.5? Can you open EM on that machine and register the server locally? Did you check what network libraries are selected for communication in Server Network Config applet? In other words, - give us some more info
    It is loaded onto a machine with NT4. Sql server won't load under Win 2K. The other machines on the network are running win2k but each is set up as a standalone server. There is no PDC or BDC on the network.

Now just what is AD and EM. I'm new to this. As far as the rest goes I don't even know what this is or how to address it.

"Did you check what network libraries are selected for communication in Server Network Config applet?"

Can this be done in Sql Server 6.5 or NT4?????

AD - active directory
    EM - enterprise manager

Network Library settings can be accessed through Server Network Configuration in MS SQL Server 6.5 program group.

Also check the Service Manager, and if on the server you can see its icon in systray.

Originally posted by rdjabarov
    AD - active directory
    EM - enterprise manager

Network Library settings can be accessed through Server Network Configuration in MS SQL Server 6.5 program group.

Also check the Service Manager, and if on the server you can see its icon in systray.
    Can the lebrary settings be set up before the server is registered or after. If after I'm thinking what I'm not able to do at the moment is register the database.

Also there aren't any icons in the sys tray.