Red face Unanswered: Persue or change.. 'Platformed' career as DBA > missing major release 'train' Help!

Background:
    Been on bench long enough to have greyed my hair considerably.
    (Right place, wrong time - arrived here in the last qtr of 2000!)
    Decision to make (Please help me here, should I switch over ?)
    Should I switch over?
    01. Continue to search for IT jobs that are coming up slowly but my confidence is really shaky now though I have been reading all the while.
    OR
    02. Take a U Turn and start over with a fresh career where I can use my excellent people-skills. (Become a certified Hypnotist for eg.) and become something in the coming 5 years. In IT I seem to have really burned out by now.

PS: I enjoy being with people, solving their problems more than writing code and developing something that will be changed eventually.

Thumbs up

PS: I enjoy being with people, solving their problems more than writing code and developing something that will be changed eventually.

Hi PImager ,
    Your question is your answer.
    According to me, if you don't enjoy what you do you can not go to top. If you don't enjoy writing codes you will never be successful because you will not be able to put in your BEST efforts.
    If you are so good with people and ENJOY being with them and solving the problems, you should really check for some other career option that will manipulate these skills.
    Search other options on web, meet some councellor, ask your friends and join some other group or forum that is related to your interests.
    You will definatly get some really good IT jobs if you REALLY try to find them. But what if you don't like it ? DOn't enjoy it ? Can not put your BEST efforts in ?
    So, CHEER UP !
    THINK POSITIVELY.
    DO what you ENJOY.

GOOD LUCK.
    GOOD LUCK.
    Regards,

Rushi

Hi Rushi,
    Thanks for your POSITIVE reply. I appreciate. I am doing my best to survive. Thanks for your suggestions.