Unanswered: insert line to update tbl?

i have one table that has addresses seperated into three fields(street #, street name, suffix)

and another which has those designations but also contains a field called street address where i planned on having all three of those fields combined into one field...

but i imported everything first using the three seperate fields and now i can't figure out how to get that street address field inserted.

i have the field set up the way i want it in another tbl, thought i could use either an update qry or append qry but i'm not making any progress.....

i'm sure there's some simple solution i'm missing. seems like this should be pretty easy.......?

Re: insert line to update tbl?

Originally posted by gutterz
    i have one table that has addresses seperated into three fields(street #, street name, suffix)

and another which has those designations but also contains a field called street address where i planned on having all three of those fields combined into one field...

but i imported everything first using the three seperate fields and now i can't figure out how to get that street address field inserted.

i have the field set up the way i want it in another tbl, thought i could use either an update qry or append qry but i'm not making any progress.....

i'm sure there's some simple solution i'm missing. seems like this should be pretty easy.......?
    Hi...
    This is an idea..........
    Don't use the field planned, use the separate field for the address that is the coorect way.
    When you need an string of those data do some like this:
    =RTrim([MyStreet#]) & " " & RTrim([MyStreetName]) & " " & RTrim([MySuffix])
    Saludos
    Norberto

Re: insert line to update tbl?

Public Function FullAddress() As String
    'Return a string containing the Full Address.

Dim strNewLine As String

str NewLine = Chr(13) & Chr(10)

'If no address, return an empty string.
    If IsNull(StreetNumber) Or IsNull(StreetName) Or IsNull(Suffix) Then
    FullAddress = ""
    Else
    'Build the address string.
    FullAddress = StreetNumber & strNewLine &_
    StreetName & strNewLine &_
    Suffix
    End If
    End Function

Try that in your FullAddress field and see what comes of it.
    Bud