Thread: field problem

Unanswered: field problem

I got a a filed named special needs. I have used combo box for this field. The options are mental illness, Alcohol, Drug and other. I have used a textbox for other. My problem is how would I make the tstbox for other disappear or invisible if I have chosen any option aside from "other." And how would I put the the value of the options in the combo box and the textbox in just one field which is special needs.
    Thanks in advance!
    for example
    (combobox)special needs -mental illness
    -Alochol
    -Drug
    -other

(textbox)other ________________

case 1: what if I choose mental illness in combo box "special needs",
    "other" textbox should be invisible
    case 2: what if I choose other, whatever I value put in the textbox should go to the field special needs

Re: field problem

Originally posted by toptop777
    I got a a filed named special needs. I have used combo box for this field. The options are mental illness, Alcohol, Drug and other. I have used a textbox for other. My problem is how would I make the tstbox for other disappear or invisible if I have chosen any option aside from "other." And how would I put the the value of the options in the combo box and the textbox in just one field which is special needs.
    Thanks in advance!
    for example
    (combobox)special needs -mental illness
    -Alochol
    -Drug
    -other

(textbox)other ________________

case 1: what if I choose mental illness in combo box "special needs",
    "other" textbox should be invisible
    case 2: what if I choose other, whatever I value put in the textbox should go to the field special needs
    For #1: In your combobox's After_Update method put something like:
    MyTextBoxName.Visible=False

For #2: This depends on how the form is setup ... Is the control bound to a table column? If it's unbound then in the After_Update method of the textbox just run a SQL statement to update the "special needs" column.