Unanswered: SQL Server 7.0 how to Disable msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters

Hi,

we are using MS SQL 7.0 and whenever the sp EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters runs it causes huge io reads and at the same time CPU Util of Database server goes to 100% though the CPU util of this proc is 0 or near zero..

I am not sure though that this is the problem ...but to check whether this is the problem i need to disable this...

This runs every 20 seconds and i know we can disable this is sQL 2000
    by changing registry settings ...

Is there a similar way for SQL 7.0 to disable this sp

Provided Answers: 1

Re: SQL Server 7.0 how to Disable msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters

Originally posted by SunilKini
    Hi,

we are using MS SQL 7.0 and whenever the sp EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters runs it causes huge io reads and at the same time CPU Util of Database server goes to 100% though the CPU util of this proc is 0 or near zero..

I am not sure though that this is the problem ...but to check whether this is the problem i need to disable this...

This runs every 20 seconds and i know we can disable this is sQL 2000
    by changing registry settings ...

Is there a similar way for SQL 7.0 to disable this sp
    You obviously didn't read the announcement at the top of the forum! This is not a standard SQL question, it belongs in the MS SQL forum.

Unless you have some alerts set up, you can disable it by removing all the demo alerts which are automatically set up when you install SQL server.
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data