I have been using 'MSXML2.ServerXMLHttp.4.0' to make web requests from SQL server with no problems for about 6 months now (on Win2K Servers).
Now trying to move the databases onto a new 2003 server and getting the well known 'Access denied' error message. I beleive I have sorted out the following:
- Execute permissions on the master database for sp_OACreate, sp_OAGetErrorInfo,.....
- Allowed 'All unkown ISAPI Extensions' - not that I'm happy about that!!
- Uninstalled the 'Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration'
- I have enabled 'Submit nonencrypted form data' for the relevant zones in IE Security Settings
But none of these seem to have had an effect. I have also tried using WinHTTP.WinHTTPRequest.5.1 as suggested in a MS KB article, but this is not suitable as I need to pass authenitication parameters with each request, and it seems as though the response size is limited.
If anyone has any tips/checklists for getting this going I would be very interested.