Unanswered: ORA-03114 During SQL-Load operation

Hi All,
    We have two RDBMs setup. 1. Sybase 11.0.3. on OS HP-UX 10.20 & 2. Oracle 9i R-2 9.2.0.1.0 on OS Solaris 9 on SUN SPARC box.

We have migrated our Sybase database to Oracle Tablespace by Oracle utitlity Oracle Migration Workbench (OMWB). The OMWB was received as free download from Oracle Site which is utilized for database migration.

As part of the script, OMWB has generated script to take out data from Sybase using BCP-OUT and to Port the data to Oracle using SQL-load utiltiy.

The data from Sybase is being taken out as follows:-
    bcp shares.dbo.inwhdr_mwb out INWHDR.dat -c -t "<ec>" -r "<er>" -Uxx -Pxxxxxx -S SYBASE
    [Where, tablename is inwhdr, out file is inwhdr.dat and column terminator is <ec> and row terminator is <er> and server name is SYBASE]

And, the data into oracle schema is loaded like this:

SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT=Mon dd YYYY HH:mi:ssAM -- setting the Date format
    sqlldr SHARES@igfl/SHARES control=INWHDR.ctl log=INWHDR.log direct=true
    [Where, the oracle schema is shares. Control File is INWHDR.ctl and lof file is INWHDR.log]. The Control File & Log File is uploaded for ur ready reference in INWHDR.ZIP.

When the above script for data load is executed, it generates the following error and due to that some rows are rejected. The rejected rows are goes in INWHDR.BAD file. The Error generated is:

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table INWHDR.
    ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

SQL*Loader-926: OCI error while uldlfca:OCIDirPathColArrayLoadStream for table INWHDR
    SQL*Loader-925: Error while uldlgs: OCIStmtExecute (ptc_hp)
    ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

SQL*Loader-925: Error while uldlgs: OCIStmtFetch (ptc_hp)
    ORA-24338: statement handle not executed

The Error is also logged in the LOG file uploaded. Could any one please see to it & help me. There are 200 tables in this schema and the error during data load is generated only for this table...A BIG MYSTRY for me...?? I am unable to figure out....How & what...Please help.

Regards,
    Kamesh Rastogi
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - KR

funny, I don't see any errors in the log file you provided.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Could it be that you are NOT CONNECTED to the database??? That looks like the error on the post....

sqlldr SHARES@igfl/SHARES

try: sqlldr username/password@instance

Also, if you are on a windows platform, ensure that your SQLNET.ORA
    has: SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)

HTH
    Gregg

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE follwoing ORA-03113 (when using SQL-LOADER)

Hi Duke,
    Yes..that's right. It was funny...In fact, i uploaded wrong file. Sorry for the trouble. Now, i am uploading the correct one pls. & it contains the BAD file also (the file for rejected rows). Pls. check them out & help. Thanks.

Hi Gregg,
    -----------
    Thanks you have given some insight to my issue. I will tell you my setup. Our database is Oracle9i DB (9.2.0.1.0) on Solaris9 SUN SPARC box. And the script i am executing from my desktop (WIN-XP) when oracle9i client s/w is loaded. I am using TNS connect string to connect my RDBMS on SUN. I checked sqlnet.ora on my SUN m/c, it is showing like this:
    NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH=(HOSTNAME, TNSNAMES)

One more thing i would like to add over here. The sql-loader script is executed in batch mode. Before this point, sql-loader for so many tables executed well and after this line also, all the remaining sql-loader scripts executed OK for all other tables. So, i do not know what is happening with this particular table. Can it be anything like data error..?? Please help & suggest. Thanks.

Regards,
    Kamesh Rastogi
    - KR