Unanswered: Replication to Flat Files - Data Propagator?

Hi All,
    I have what seems like a very simple requirement to replicate adds/changes/deletes from a DB2 V8 data base to flat text files. The idea is that on a scheduled interval the changes would be written to files on a 1:1 table:file basis. I've reviewed the Data Propagator V8 reference doc, and it seems that the target is always a RDBMS or a gateway-style product.

The key requirement is to only capture the data deltas, and avoid having to write an application that was keyed on timestamp, last time extracted, etc.

Can Data Propagator or anothre IBM utility provide this?

TIA

Provided Answers: 5
    Replication (previously know as DataPropagator) is designed strictly for RDBMS to RDBMS data movement. What I would suggest is that you use triggers to perform this task.

Andy

There is something called DPropNR (Data Propogator Non-Relational) from IBM ... Not sure if this will address your need, but it is worth giving a search

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    There is something called DPropNR (Data Propogator Non-Relational) from IBM ... Not sure if this will address your need, but it is worth giving a search

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Many thanks. The DPropNR seems to have been created to support replication with IMS.

Triggers and scheduled extract/purge is one approach that would work, as would driving queries off of timestamps build into each row and track the last extract TS.

I was hoping to build off of the (bulletproof) capture process that DProp contains.

Thanks again,
    Bob

The original Dprop that interfaced with IMS (from DB2 mainframe) did have an option to update immediately, or write to a sequential file that could be intercepted. That was about 14 years ago.

I have no idea if the Dprop that works on DB2 for Unix, Linux, or Windows has the same feature.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390