Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    160

    Unanswered: Parameter Query Problem!

    Hi! I have a report based on a parameter query. If I enter the parameter it is shoing the report. If I didn't enter anything and hit ok, it is showing blank report with error# in some fields. Can Get user friendly error message when nothing is typed into parameter.

    Thank u
    Vad
    Vad

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713

    Re: Parameter Query Problem!

    Originally posted by vad
    Hi! I have a report based on a parameter query. If I enter the parameter it is shoing the report. If I didn't enter anything and hit ok, it is showing blank report with error# in some fields. Can Get user friendly error message when nothing is typed into parameter.

    Thank u
    Vad
    Looka at doing something in the rport's NoData method ... Maybe say a messagebox.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    160

    Re: Parameter Query Problem!

    HI! Owen That worked great! Thank u.

    Earlier I asked regarding the report to get in a table format. Could help me in that.

    Thanks
    Vad

    Originally posted by M Owen
    Looka at doing something in the rport's NoData method ... Maybe say a messagebox.
    Vad

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713

    Re: Parameter Query Problem!

    Originally posted by vad
    HI! Owen That worked great! Thank u.

    Earlier I asked regarding the report to get in a table format. Could help me in that.

    Thanks
    Vad
    What do you mean? Which posting?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    160

    Re: Parameter Query Problem!

    Hi! I have a report to display four fields like:

    Date:>>>>>>ID>>>>>>>>Amount>>>>>Total

    01/22/2004___2001________10___________654

    In this format I Would like to display 20 Per page.
    I am displaying in the following format. Like the above values in a box.
    _________________________________________
    l l
    l________________________________________ l

    If the records were less than 20 and only 5 records.I want to display 5 records followed by 15 empty boxes. Is this possible. Can any one help me.

    Thanks

    Vad


    Originally posted by M Owen
    What do you mean? Which posting?
    Vad

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713

    Re: Parameter Query Problem!

    Originally posted by vad
    Hi! I have a report to display four fields like:

    Date:>>>>>>ID>>>>>>>>Amount>>>>>Total

    01/22/2004___2001________10___________654

    In this format I Would like to display 20 Per page.
    I am displaying in the following format. Like the above values in a box.
    _________________________________________
    l l
    l________________________________________ l

    If the records were less than 20 and only 5 records.I want to display 5 records followed by 15 empty boxes. Is this possible. Can any one help me.

    Thanks

    Vad
    I thought so ... I thought I answered it. In order to do anymore I need to know how you're doing this report ... Does it run off of queries?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    160

    Re: Parameter Query Problem!

    Here I am sending the attachment of what i did.

    Thanks
    Vad

    Originally posted by M Owen
    I thought so ... I thought I answered it. In order to do anymore I need to know how you're doing this report ... Does it run off of queries?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vad

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713

    Re: Parameter Query Problem!

    Originally posted by vad
    Here I am sending the attachment of what i did.

    Thanks
    Vad
    Vad,

    I'll take a look at this tonight ...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713
    Vad,

    I can't pull up any properties in the DB you submitted ... I can't do anything with this db.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    160
    Let me send it again. Do I have do anything to get a correct format for u.

    Mine is access 2000. Let me send it again.

    Thanks
    Vad


    Originally posted by M Owen
    Vad,

    I can't pull up any properties in the DB you submitted ... I can't do anything with this db.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vad

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    160
    Hi! Owen!

    Did U try the one I have sent to you again.If not please let me know.I will try to send it again.

    Thanks
    Vad

    Originally posted by vad
    Let me send it again. Do I have do anything to get a correct format for u.

    Mine is access 2000. Let me send it again.

    Thanks
    Vad
    Vad

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713
    Vad,

    What I was thinking of won't work in your instance ...

    Here is how I do my reports (for the most part ...): I have ech report tied to a specific form by the report retrieving parameters from a hidden textbox on that form. The parameter(s) I pass to the report is the tablename the report generates from AND any optional selection criteria for filtering ... The report retrieves, collates, and stores the matching data. In your case, you would pull the matching records and count them then add blank records to total your 20 ...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    160
    Thats What I don't know how to do that. Could u please help me. My boss is really pushing me on this.

    Thanks
    Vad

    Originally posted by M Owen
    Vad,

    What I was thinking of won't work in your instance ...

    Here is how I do my reports (for the most part ...): I have ech report tied to a specific form by the report retrieving parameters from a hidden textbox on that form. The parameter(s) I pass to the report is the tablename the report generates from AND any optional selection criteria for filtering ... The report retrieves, collates, and stores the matching data. In your case, you would pull the matching records and count them then add blank records to total your 20 ...
    Vad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •