Unanswered: Sql Job problem!!!

Here is the problem...I have a job that re executes all the time its scheduled to run every 10 min but it re executes all the time it does not wait 10 min they only way i can get it to stop is if i disable the actual job . so the question is Y does this job not stop and wait 10 min hat can make it re executed like that ?.

check these:
    1. what's the job doing, any coding that does WHILE loop?
    2. Does the job have two separate schedules?
    3. Does the job get called by other jobs?

no it does not get called by other job and does not containe any other schedules theres a while but that is working perfectly fine in the status i have notice that it say executing than it stops and strats right back up again

What does the job history say? what if you disable the job and run it once? does it go into a loop?

the job was invoked and ran succesfully and the when i disable the job it stops does not go into any loop.

so when you re-enabled it, does it automatically run on schedule but never ends, or do you have to start it manually? do a DBCC INPUTBUFFER (spid) to see what's running under the job. Can you post the job command?

Provided Answers: 11
    If you schedule SQL Agent to "every 10 minutes" that means that the job will start at 6:00, 6:10, 6:20, etc... Did you want to have the job start back up 10 minutes after the first run finishes? for a job that runs in 5 minutes every time this would look something like:
    6:00, 6:15, 6:30...

Originally posted by MCrowley
    If you schedule SQL Agent to "every 10 minutes" that means that the job will start at 6:00, 6:10, 6:20, etc... Did you want to have the job start back up 10 minutes after the first run finishes? for a job that runs in 15 minutes every time this would look something like:
    6:00, 6:15, 6:30...

uhhhh... you forgot a 1....
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Nop. The schedule doesn't care how long the job actually takes to finish. It just occurred to me that is this the reason the job seems running forever - it simply takes, say 9.9 minutes to run and continue on next schedule?

well seems to be a bug in sql since i copied the job and its exact content and everything is working fine

Provided Answers: 11
    Brett: I oughta take an english class some day ;-) I meant a job that runs for 5 minutes, then waits 10, rns for 5, waits ten, etc... Sorry about that confusion.

Hi

I am looking for a position as software developer. (SQL, Delphi..OO)
    I am living in Toronto.
    Is anybody who knows about it in Canada?
    Thank you
    Daniel