Red face Unanswered: Replication using SA acocunt only

I am trying to create a replication between servers and I deleted all the access acounts from my server leaving just the SA account (no more trusted connections).

I created an account with administrator privileges for running SQL Server and Agent and configured my server for replication with no errors, but when I create the snapshot agent it is trying to connect to the distributor using the Builtin\Administrator account.

I did all the replication configuration using the Enterprise Manager and changing all the setting to use the SA account and I don'w know how to make the agent to connect to the distributer using the SA account.

Here is the error from Event Log:
    SubSystem Message - Job 'C101LUIZ-DBTEST-DBTEST-2' (0x26ECA3BFB9DF27418D503F27D9590EF9), step 2 - The process could not connect to Distributor 'C101LUIZ'.

Please help me!!!

make the account builtin\administrators member on both servers, see what happens.

Red face Security issues

Originally posted by ms_sql_dba
    make the account builtin\administrators member on both servers, see what happens.
    Thanks for your suggestion, it works fine because we had it configured like this before, but that is the problem. We don't want to create this account. I would like to have it working just with the SA account. We install MSDE with a new instance name and we don't want anybody besides sa account to have access to our SQL Instance.

Re: Security issues

Originally posted by luizmotta
    Thanks for your suggestion, it works fine because we had it configured like this before, but that is the problem. We don't want to create this account. I would like to have it working just with the SA account. We install MSDE with a new instance name and we don't want anybody besides sa account to have access to our SQL Instance.
    You cannot use SA for accessing external sources but for replication you have to.

Red face Re: Security issues

Originally posted by snail
    You cannot use SA for accessing external sources but for replication you have to.
    We have the SA account, we don't have the BuiltIn/Administrator and we don't want to create it. We would like to have just the SA account and the replica does not work.

Re: Security issues

Originally posted by luizmotta
    We have the SA account, we don't have the BuiltIn/Administrator and we don't want to create it. We would like to have just the SA account and the replica does not work.
    BOL:

Using the Local System Account
    The local system account does not require a password, does not have network access rights in Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000, and restricts your SQL Server installation from interacting with other servers.

Using a Domain User Account
    A domain user account uses Windows Authentication, that is, the same user name and password used to connect to the operating system is also used to connect to SQL Server. A domain user account is typically used because many server-to-server activities can be performed only with a domain user account, for example:

Remote procedure calls.

Replication.

Backing up to network drives.

Heterogeneous joins that involve remote data sources.

SQL Server Agent mail features and SQL Mail. This restriction applies if using Microsoft Exchange. Most other mail systems also require clients (the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent services) to be run on accounts with network access.