Wink Unanswered: restristing Access with password

I have set upt my database with a login screen. All you can see when you start the program is the login screen because i have turned everything else off. When i open Access to make changes, i hold down the shift key and then i can see everything. I don't want other people to be able to see everything when they hold down the shift key. is there any way that i can set a password on Access to prevent others from seeing everything when they press the shift key. In other words, when I hold down the shift key, I want to be asked for a password to be able to view everything.

thanks in advance
    ActionAnt

It's possible to do this by code but you can disable 'Special Keys' in Tools, Startup. That should do it.

Regards - Andy

Originally posted by randycarpet
    It's possible to do this by code but you can disable 'Special Keys' in Tools, Startup. That should do it.

Regards - Andy
    i don't want to disable it completely. just for other people. thats why i want a password prompt

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

Originally posted by actionant
    i don't want to disable it completely. just for other people. thats why i want a password prompt
    Make a password protected form, that you could only open it, in this form make your code to enable or disable the AllowBypassKey

A couple of choices I can think of:

1) Create workgroups and assign appropriate rights for users in each of the groups. e.g. GodGroup = you, UserGroup = everyone else. You can customise the database right down to toolbars, etc.

2) Create code that checks who's logging on and act accordingly, i.e. if it's you logging on then enable special keys, else disable special keys.

I'm sorry but I don't have time to do any more than this but you should easily be able to find code or examples on the net to move forward.

Regards - Andy

Originally posted by randycarpet
    A couple of choices I can think of:

1) Create workgroups and assign appropriate rights for users in each of the groups. e.g. GodGroup = you, UserGroup = everyone else. You can customise the database right down to toolbars, etc.

2) Create code that checks who's logging on and act accordingly, i.e. if it's you logging on then enable special keys, else disable special keys.

I'm sorry but I don't have time to do any more than this but you should easily be able to find code or examples on the net to move forward.

Regards - Andy
    thanks for the help

Originally posted by hammbakka
    Make a password protected form, that you could only open it, in this form make your code to enable or disable the AllowBypassKey
    Two questions:

This property exists in Access2000/XP?
    Which event of which object the code will be implemented? Iīm having some problems changing properties like ShowDbWindow. When i set a value for this (False, in example), the changes of property will be applied on the next time when anyone open the Access file. I guess i'm not implementing the code to make this changes on the correct event (I'm making a function in a module which is launched with an autoexec macro).

Could you help-me, please?

Provided Answers: 1
    * I use Acce$$ 97, don't know whether his property exists in 2000 or XP. But I think it exists.

* When you applay this property
    ShowDbWindow it will be applied to your currentDB only, this means when you open a new DB this property will be set to TRUE

Unhappy

Originally posted by hammbakka
    * I use Acce$$ 97, don't know whether his property exists in 2000 or XP. But I think it exists.
    [/
    Ok. In mycase, i have to develop a little solution for Access 2000/XP. Thanks!

[QUOTE]
    * When you applay this property
    ShowDbWindow it will be applied to your currentDB only, this means when you open a new DB this property will be set to TRUE QUOTE]

Can i do this just for the current project launched, at the time it is launching? See what a made:

- First: A code that i hope to execute when the access file is lauching
    - Second: A macro autoexec to execute this code

The code is ok, but it launch just at the next launch os access file

How can i do this? Anyone have this solution?????