Unhappy Unanswered: jdbc (no odbc bridge) and ms access

Hi all,

I realise that this question has probably been answered before, but there's a problem with the previous answers I've seen.

OK, I've been tasked to provide a way into a legacy MS Access database using java, and we don't want to use the jdbc : odbc bridge. This has to be done with pure java jdbc (so a type 3 or type 4 jdbc driver for MS Access is what I'm looking for).
    I realise that most folk seem to think that the driver from atiNav is pretty good. This is where the problem is - I've tried registering on their web-site a number of times, since you need to register before you can download the trial version. However, I'm still waiting to get my password from them (which they email out), and so cannot access the downloads.

Any comments or suggestions as to other jdbc drivers (not jdbc-odbc please).

G

Hi!

I've been working recently on the same task. I've also been searching over the Internet for a type 3 or 4 JDBC driver for MS Access. As far as I can see, all of them (or at least the majority) are NOT for free. So, the bridge is so far the most inexpensive solution.

You can search Sun's driver database for the links. There are some, pointing to the commercial sites of the vendors:

http://servlet.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers
    Best regards,
    WGM

Thanks for the reply WGM.

I've been using the jdbc-odbc bridge. Not ideal for the specific purpose I'm working on, but at least it works at the moment.

G