Unanswered: Cannot create an user thread. On NT check username, and IXUSERS group

Hi Folks,

we have a big problem with our Database Server running
    Informix Dynamic Server 2000 Version 9.21.UC2

We cant connect to the tcp server, but with shm its running well.

our online.log says:

13:34:39 listener-thread: err = -25571: oserr = 0: errstr = : Cannot create an user thread. On NT check username, and IXUSERS group.

13:34:40 listener-thread: err = -25571: oserr = 0: errstr = : Cannot create an user thread. On NT check username, and IXUSERS group.

13:34:41 listener-thread: err = -25571: oserr = 0: errstr = : Cannot create an user thread. On NT check username, and IXUSERS group.

we have rebootet the machine, but the error remains.
    (for a few minutes it runns smooth, but then the error fills our logs again)

hope someone can get me out of this :-)

thx

Harle

I am also receiving 'cannot create an User Thread. On NT check username, and IXUSERS group'.

I'm accessing an IDS 9.4 server with a Java application, using the IDS JDBC driver.

Re: Cannot create an user thread. On NT check username, and IXUSERS group

Maybe you enable role separation and only the users designated as members of the group pointed by IXUSERS can access the database, you can check the key IXUSERS in NT's registry to know wich group is correct and try with a user that bellong to that group.

Thanks for the information. Just to let you know that I did not enable Role Separation and I'm connecting to the Informix using the 'informix' user so I should have all the rights required.

My application uses Connection Pooling and multiple threads are accessing the Informix database concurrently. Also note that some threads are successfully connecting to and retrieve information from the Informix database whereas others are not.

in this case you should check your network, it could be dorped connections from the firewall or missing routes

If You encounter it after few connections are made OK - You should check max connections to your server:

IBM Informix Dynamic Server v10 Information Center