Thread: drop boxes

Angry Unanswered: drop boxes

i am trying to create a drop box. i have a querry, form and tables from which to create this. i have fields including: publication, issue, year of publication, colors used, page number. i need to get a drop box to pull down a list of advertisers. only the advertisers. when you click on an advertiser, i want all the above feilds to show. but only when i click the advertiser i am interested in.
    can anyone help me?
    thanks!

you can make an event "on click" on the combobox

then use the codebuilder with DLOOKUP function.

something like this (example of some code I used some time ago)

Me.Center_Code = DLookup("Center_code", "Qry_Patient", "Patient_ID = '" & Me.Patient_ID & "'")

me.centercode = txt on form (that has to be filled in with the outcome of dlookup function)
    center_code --> look up field
    qry_patient --> place to look up
    following --> criteria

this should do it i think

greetz, daff
    ... man man man ...

lost...

i dont understand any of your response, though i do appreciate being acknowledged. i don't know exactly how to get into a combobox. i especially don't know what DLOOKUP means. is there any website that can give me specific and detailed information? i am very, very new to this!
    thank you!

Re: lost...

Originally posted by aeckart
    i dont understand any of your response, though i do appreciate being acknowledged. i don't know exactly how to get into a combobox. i especially don't know what DLOOKUP means. is there any website that can give me specific and detailed information? i am very, very new to this!
    thank you!
    I'll try to give a short explanation

Make a text box on your form, right mouse click: change to combobox. then right mouse click on your combobox. There choose table/query and under it the table / query where the values are stored you want to show in your combobox.

More info about this and also the dlookup function you will probably find in the help (press F1)

hope this helps you out

greetz
    ... man man man ...