Unanswered: Question On CLOB

Hi Folks,
    I have a table "create table test_tbl (c1 int, c2 clob(200k))". Some how,it not allowing me to insert more than 32 K. Is there any parameter to set?.
    Thanks
    --chandra

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Question On CLOB

Originally posted by modigunta
    Hi Folks,
    I have a table "create table test_tbl (c1 int, c2 clob(200k))". Some how,it not allowing me to insert more than 32 K. Is there any parameter to set?.
    Thanks
    --chandra
    What method do you use to insert your data? What kind of error message you get when 'it not allowing me to insert'?

Originally posted by n_i
    What method do you use to insert your data? What kind of error message you get when 'it not allowing me to insert'?
    Hi!
    I use plain db2 "insert into <table> values(10,'big string')
    I would like to insert "big string" about 200 K. I get following error when i insert more than 32K.

SQL0102N The string constant beginning with "'blah blah ....'" is too long. SQLSTATE=54002

Thanks
    --chandra

Provided Answers: 1

Originally posted by modigunta

SQL0102N The string constant beginning with "'blah blah ....'" is too long. SQLSTATE=54002

That sort of explains a lot, doesn't it? In case it doesn't, try typing "? SQL0102N" in Command Line Processor. I bet you'll see something like this:
    The string constant beginning with "<string>" has a length
    greater than 32672 bytes. Character strings with lengths greater than 32672 bytes or graphic strings with lengths greater than 16336 characters can be specified only through assignment from host variables. Note that other servers in the DB2 family of products may specify a different size limit for character strings. Consult the documentation for the appropriate DB2 product for details.

Originally posted by n_i
    That sort of explains a lot, doesn't it? In case it doesn't, try typing "? SQL0102N" in Command Line Processor. I bet you'll see something like this:
    Thank you. I wil try with CLI..

if you do not want to write a program you might try to use SQL UPDATE to concat a string to the already existing content of the CLOB.
    DB2 SQL can handle long strings, and this method avoids that the CLOB content has to be materialized outside the SQL engine.

Heinz:

I'm having the same problem...could you provide a little more detail on your proposed solution?

Thanks!
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."