Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    Unanswered: Report pulling data from multiple queries

    I have a report which I would like to pull data from multiple queries and/or tables. The report properties box is set to one query as it's record source. That query will provide 75% of the data I need for the report. The other 25% needs to come from a different query. For the other 25% I have successfully changed the control sources in the text boxes to the other query, but when I run the report the text boxes are blank. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713
    Reports are pretty dumb ... So, you need to have a single source for your records ... You might want to try making a query that combines the 2 other queries together ...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Report pulling data from multiple queries

    [QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by hef
    I have a report which I would like to pull data from multiple queries and/or tables. The report properties box is set to one query as it's record source. That query will provide 75% of the data I need for the report. The other 25% needs to come from a different query. For the other 25% I have successfully changed the control sources in the text boxes to the other query, but when I run the report the text boxes are blank. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

    Hef....
    Try creating a report with a SubReport, this way you can have 2 reports pulled together. Much like forms and SubForms.

    Bud

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    Report pulling data from multiple queries

    Thanks M Owen. Thanks Bud.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Report pulling data from multiple queries

    Anytime Hef....just hope I was able to help!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    Re: Report pulling data from multiple queries

    Originally posted by Bud
    Anytime Hef....just hope I was able to help!
    You definitely did. Thanks again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •