Unanswered: Access 2003 Events Not Firing

I've got an Access 2000 database that I'm trying to migrate to Access 2003. When I open the file in Access 2003, everything appears to be okay. However, none of the Event Procedures work. They don't appear to even be firing as a simple MsgBox() command doesn't even work.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Randy
    Randy Knight
    Senior Database Engineer
    match.com

Have you tried recompiling? Also pull up the forms in design view and check that the event procedure(s) in question are selected for each control...

Provided Answers: 1
    Try to make break points and run step by step using the F8 key.

Originally posted by hammbakka
    Try to make break points and run step by step using the F8 key.
    I'm not familiar with how to do this with an Event Procedure (vs a Module). I can set the breakpoint but how do you run it?
    Randy Knight
    Senior Database Engineer
    match.com

Provided Answers: 1
    Make a break point in the function which causes the error then open the form and click the button which runs the code, the code will stop where you put your break point, then press F8 to run the next line, and so on till you see the error.

Originally posted by hammbakka
    Make a break point in the function which causes the error then open the form and click the button which runs the code, the code will stop where you put your break point, then press F8 to run the next line, and so on till you see the error.
    Thanks. I did this and just as I suspected, the events are simply not firing. I commented out my code in an event handler and added a simple MsgBox "Fired" and set a breakpoint on that line. When I click on a name in the listbox (the event is on the listbox - After Update) the event does not fire. I tried this with an OnClick event in a command button as well with the same results.

BTW, this database works great (and has for months) in Access 2002.

Randy
    Randy Knight
    Senior Database Engineer
    match.com