Unanswered: ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object

when i do this:
    @PKGE_STAGE_LOG

it goes an error:
    ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object

just now it still can run..what happen?
    pls help!

i tried the V$ACCESS, nothin interesting...din seems to solve my problem. how to restart the db?

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    restart the db? If you do not know how you shouldn't. Call your DBA.

Not sure if v$accesswould be helpful. Check out this thread http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=979625 it helped me understand what was going on.

Have you checked your code? Are you updating something and somehow not releasing it> Is your app multi-thread? Is one thread locking something and another thread is trying to access? My guess it is your code and not a deficiency in the DB (not that you were saying it was).
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Originally posted by Todd Barkus
    restart the db? If you do not know how you shouldn't. Call your DBA.

Not sure if v$accesswould be helpful. Check out this thread http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=979625 it helped me understand what was going on.

Have you checked your code? Are you updating something and somehow not releasing it> Is your app multi-thread? Is one thread locking something and another thread is trying to access? My guess it is your code and not a deficiency in the DB (not that you were saying it was).

Funny - I actually ran across this problem a few weeks ago for the first time ever. If you can find out which SID is giving you the problems, you can kill the session. Even after you kill the session it takes a few for it to kick in and let you get back to compile.

Not sure if that helped. Let us know.

actually i think todd barkus is right, my code may have errors...however the problem is now that the file is totally locked, even after i change my code to something working(just for testing purpose). what can i do? the db is actually a factory db so i jus cant restart it. must i create a new file?