Question Unanswered: Import picture to a Image control

Hi.
    I'm using the statement:
    Me.Equipment_Picture.Picture = "C:\DATA\Engine.JPG" in a Image object. Immediately then message "Importing C:\DATA\Engine.JPG" pops up.

Now and then this message does not disappear again, not even when I press the "Cancel" button.
    To remove this message box I need to stop my application and then stop the process in task manager.

Can anyone please help ?
    Thanks

Check if you're running any code while the import picture process is still in progress or you're navigating to other record or doing something before the picture import process completes. If the image is large, it takes time to process on slow machines and if you'll navigate or start some things else during that it might cause crash and that's why the message remains on the display due to abnormal crash of the import process.

Hi Saqib

Thanks for your proposal. I will check out a little.
    Do you know if it's possible to give a command like "wait until other processes finish" prior to my import ?

Regards
    Vestigo

Yes! wait state can be implemented in access with optional wait message. (See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209608)

If you want to prevent user from clicking anything until some process is completed you can use this command before writing code for the process e.g.

DoCmd.Hourglass True

Me.Equipment_Picture.Picture = "C:\DATA\Engine.JPG"

DoCmd.Hourglass False

- Saqib