Angry Unanswered: Headache with Dlookup

I’m using a dlookup as control source for a textbox on a report (‘myreport’).
    The dlookup is supposed to look up a field on the report (field ‘OrganisationID’) and return the OrganisationName from a table called (‘Organisation’).

I used this code as control source;

=DLookup("OrganisationName", "Organisation", "OrganisationID=" & Reports![Myreport]!OrganisationID)

But keep on getting errors such as operator, opersand missing ! Whatever I try I can’t get it to work.
    Could anyone have a look !!

Thanks in advance !

Chiron

Re: Headache with Dlookup

Originally posted by Chiron
    I’m using a dlookup as control source for a textbox on a report (‘myreport’).
    The dlookup is supposed to look up a field on the report (field ‘OrganisationID’) and return the OrganisationName from a table called (‘Organisation’).

I used this code as control source;

=DLookup("OrganisationName", "Organisation", "OrganisationID=" & Reports![Myreport]!OrganisationID)

But keep on getting errors such as operator, opersand missing ! Whatever I try I can’t get it to work.
    Could anyone have a look !!

Thanks in advance !

Chiron
    try this:
    =DLookup("OrganisationName", "Organisation", "OrganisationID = " & Report_Myreport.OrganisationID & "")

if organisationID isn't numeric then:

=DLookup("OrganisationName", "Organisation", "OrganisationID = '" & Report_Myreport.OrganisationID & "'")

Thks for the help actionant !! But it doesn't like any of them either !!

I still get the error message : "you omitted an operator or operand, you entered an invalid character or comma, or you entered text without surrounding it in quotation marks"

Originally posted by Chiron
    Thks for the help actionant !! But it doesn't like any of them either !!

I still get the error message : "you omitted an operator or operand, you entered an invalid character or comma, or you entered text without surrounding it in quotation marks"
    what about if you add
    .value
    after organisationid

Unhappy

Doesn't work either !! But thanks for trying ! BTW OrganisationID is indeed a numeric field.

Got it !! I changed the comma by a ; and it all works fine. Thx for the help actionant !!

=DLookup("OrganisationName";"Organisation";"Organi sationID = '" & Report_Myreport.OrganisationID & "'")