Red face Unanswered: Underlining part of a text box

In Access 2000, I have the following field defined in my table:

field name:Newspaper
    data type: text
    Lookup display control: list box
    row source type: value list
    row source: "The Flint Journal";"The County Press";"The Bay City Times"

I am trying to create a report in which [Newspaper] is part of a sentence. In this case, it is propper to underline the newspaper name.

For example:
    According to Phil Matthews from the [Newspaper], our economic outlook is getting better...

In order to get [Newspaper] inserted properly into the sentence I had to create a text box with the following control source:
    ="According to Phil Matthews from the " & [Newspaper] & ", our economic outlook is getting better..."

If I set font underline to yes, everything gets underlined - not just the newspaper name.

At this point, I really don't care if I see the underlining on the screen as long as it prints underlined.

I tried exporting to MS Word and manually underlining the names before I print, but the rest of the text has a new line insterted after every line in the report. This would be ok except what Access defined as the end of the line isn't the same as where the end of the line appears in MS Word. Getting rid of all of those extra new lines causes way too much work!

I would appreciate any suggestions that you may have.

Thank you!

Re: Underlining part of a text box

="According to Phil Matthews from the " & [Newspaper] & ", our economic outlook is getting better..."

If other than the [Newspaper] rest of the text remains the same then intstead of putting the whole sentence as the source of the same text box just put the [Newspaper] as the source of the textbox with underline set and use the other parts of the sentences as labels or other textboxes without underline set. I mean split the sentence to 3 independent parts with defferent set of formattings.

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

Also, you should Resize the width of that TextBox containint the [Newspapae] according to the Length of the newspaper

When I split it onto 3 text boxes, I can't get the text to wrap correctly. I end up with

According to Phil Matthews from the
    [Newspaper]
    , our economic outlook is getting better...

Instead of

According to Phil Matthews from the [Newspaper], our economic outlook is getting better...

How can I fix this?

This is my first post so I hope it'll be useful!!!

Have you tried using Word mail merge, I setup a single field table with random text then placed the merge field within text on a word doc, underlined just the merge field and got the result you seem to be looking for.

Did try to do in access via report but had same problem as you, shame as I want to do something similar, maybe one of the VB experts knows, VB still makes me come out in cold sweat!!

Hi!... Sorry for the delay in repplying as I was away for few days.

To correct the wrapping problems check the Page setup and margins of the report and also set the can grow and can shrink properties of the textboxes to yes. I would recommend to use labels for the text you want not to underline and just use textbox for the [Newpaper].

- regards,
    Saqib