Unanswered: Want to use Enter key instead of Tab

I’m looking to see how in Filemaker I can move from instead of using the “tab” key and start using the “enter” key to move from field to field…I’m using the 10 key pad on my key board and then on my lap top I have a separate 10 key pad to enter number data and moving for the number pad over to “tab” has been a bit of a burden and I would like to find a way to use the “enter key” while working in the number area instead. Any ideas? Thank you - 01-28-04 9:35pm-PT
    Last edited by FrankFrank; 01-29-04 at 01:52.

Re: Want to use Enter key instead of Tab

Sorry, can't do it

Originally posted by FrankFrank
    I’m looking to see how in Filemaker I can move from instead of using the “tab” key and start using the “enter” key to move from field to field…I’m using the 10 key pad on my key board and then on my lap top I have a separate 10 key pad to enter number data and moving for the number pad over to “tab” has been a bit of a burden and I would like to find a way to use the “enter key” while working in the number area instead. Any ideas? Thank you - 01-28-04 9:35pm-PT
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions

I just registered on this forum today and read your message. There seems to be a way. Goto to www.databasepros.com/resources.html and
    type "tab with enter" in the search field under "Find files, tips and articles". Download the compressed file of your choice (mac or win).

It seems to work for my needs.

This works, could do the job.

Originally posted by Jawgie
    I just registered on this forum today and read your message. There seems to be a way. Goto to www.databasepros.com/resources.html and
    type "tab with enter" in the search field under "Find files, tips and articles". Download the compressed file of your choice (mac or win).

It seems to work for my needs.
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions

Once again, I have to argue with the other poster in this forum. There are a couple of plug-ins out there that just allow the whosale swapping of the tab and enter key.

You may also sometime get the same effect for speedy entry on selcted forms by using a script similar to the following.

Go to field (first)
    Loop
    Go to field[next] after after last
    Pause Script
    End Loop

Once this script is triggered it will keep move to a fields and allow you to enter anything you what, but if you hit the enter key, you will resume the script which will then take you to the next field.

I hope this helps, if not please drop me a line at joe@svkingpen.com