Thread: unbound control

Unanswered: unbound control

Hello, below is the info for a combo box on my form. All the information I am looking for is in the combobox, but what I would like to do is have unbound text boxes fill with information from each column.

SELECT [qryDelLoc].[CusNum], [qryDelLoc].[CusDesc], [qryDelLoc].[CusAddress], [qryDelLoc].[Route], [qryDelLoc].[Stop] FROM qryDelLoc;

example:
    txtCusNum 'fill with CusNum from combobox
    txtCusDesc ' Fill with CusDesc from combobox
    txtCusAddress...
    txtRoute...
    txtStop...

I can only get this to work with the bound column from the cbo. Is it possible to have more than on bound column in a cbo or am I just crazy!

I'm not sure if i completely understand what you mean.

I think you are having a problem populating unbound fields?

You will need to set the focus for each textbox before you can populate it. Alternatively, use Labels...

Hope this helps,

sugarflux

Re: unbound control

Today 13:54

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Re: unbound control

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by macamarr
    Hello, below is the info for a combo box on my form. All the information I am looking for is in the combobox, but what I would like to do is have unbound text boxes fill with information from each column.

SELECT [qryDelLoc].[CusNum], [qryDelLoc].[CusDesc], [qryDelLoc].[CusAddress], [qryDelLoc].[Route], [qryDelLoc].[Stop] FROM qryDelLoc;

example:
    txtCusNum 'fill with CusNum from combobox
    txtCusDesc ' Fill with CusDesc from combobox
    txtCusAddress...
    txtRoute...
    txtStop...

I can only get this to work with the bound column from the cbo. Is it possible to have more than on bound column in a cbo or am I just crazy!

You can use the cmbbox.column(idx) [where idx is the column no from 0 to n) property of the combobox to fill the values from each column in to the text boxes e.g

txtcusNum = cmbbox.column(0).value (0 is the first column)
    txtCusDesc = cmbbox.column(1).value (1 is the second column)

I hope this would help.

- regards,
    Saqib