Thread: run time error

Unanswered: run time error

hi..

thx in advance for anybody who care to taka a look at my codes..

i'm running an application using Apache Tomcat 4.0 server..this application is connected to an Oracle 8.1 database thru Net8 Assistant..

Now my problem is, after deploying and run it, i will encounter a run time whenever i try to make a connection to the database..my java code should work fine, so i was thinking if there's any settings tt i need to do before deploying it into Tomcat?

thx a lot!

the error:

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
    Exception Report:
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNe xt(StandardPipeline.java:566)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:472)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:943)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:215)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNe xt(StandardPipeline.java:566)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invok e(CertificatesValve.java:246)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNe xt(StandardPipeline.java:564)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(St andardContext.java:2366)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:164)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:462)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNe xt(StandardPipeline.java:564)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:163)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.p rocess(HttpProcessor.java:1005)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.r un(HttpProcessor.java:1098)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Root Cause:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriver
    at com.bean.claims.Database.(Database.java:13)
    at com.bean.login.LoginBean.validateID(LoginBean.java :48)
    at LoginController.doPost(LoginController.java:23)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:1145)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:1264)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:215)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invok e(CertificatesValve.java:246)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:164)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:163)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.p rocess(HttpProcessor.java:1005)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.r un(HttpProcessor.java:1098)

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    My java code should work fine?? Well it isn't. Do you say that because you have done extensive testing on your development platform or because you have an unrealistic appraisal of your skills?

As with many things java setup of the jave engine is key. Make sure all the same components that are loaded on your development system are the same as production. Re-check your code even post it. Maybe somebody will help.

Good luck.
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Not much of a Java person, but when I've done applets connected to Oracle with Tomcat, the errors you are receiving usually meant that my connection information was not correct... for example, database alias not correct in my servlet code. I would check there first, and make sure it matches exactly what is contained in your TNSNAMES.ORA for the machine running Tomcat.

Hope this helps.

JoeB

Re: run time error

It means that your OracleDriver class is not found. Check if you have classes12.zip in your CLASSPATH.

Originally posted by vassilisa
    hi..

thx in advance for anybody who care to taka a look at my codes..

i'm running an application using Apache Tomcat 4.0 server..this application is connected to an Oracle 8.1 database thru Net8 Assistant..

Now my problem is, after deploying and run it, i will encounter a run time whenever i try to make a connection to the database..my java code should work fine, so i was thinking if there's any settings tt i need to do before deploying it into Tomcat?

thx a lot!

the error:

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
    Exception Report:
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

Root Cause:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriver

at com.bean.claims.Database.(Database.java:13)
    at com.bean.login.LoginBean.validateID(LoginBean.java :48)
    at LoginController.doPost(LoginController.java:23)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:1145)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:1264)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    Oracle can do wonders !

Talking Re: run time error

thx guys..

i've managed to solve that error..it was because i didn't set my classpath properly..i will be more careful next time...

have a nice day!!