Unanswered: Dates from Oracle to Access

Hi,

I have a CSV file that I want to import into an Access database. These values were taken from an Oracle database.

The problem I'm having is importing the dates into the Access database. The format I am getting the dates are:

Thu Nov 17 09:52:10 EST 2002

By changing the format to "11/16/2003 9:52:10", I was able to import the time and the date. Is there a way to import the time zone and the day of week as well?

Thanks.

Re: Dates from Oracle to Access

Originally posted by blue8173
    Hi,

I have a CSV file that I want to import into an Access database. These values were taken from an Oracle database.

The problem I'm having is importing the dates into the Access database. The format I am getting the dates are:

Thu Nov 17 09:52:10 EST 2002

By changing the format to "11/16/2003 9:52:10", I was able to import the time and the date. Is there a way to import the time zone and the day of week as well?

Thanks.
    My advise :
    import the field as a text field (don't change anything on the format).
    If you need the date extracted from that textfield, you can use a function to do this.
    However, I don't know any date format in Access that works with time zones. the rest you can filter out with this code:

Public Function FindDate(strText As String) As Date

strText = Mid(strText, 5, 6) & " " & Right(strText, 4) & " " & Mid(strText, 13, 8)
    FindDate = Format(CDate(strText), "any date format")

End Function

The timezone is allways in a fixed place in the text field, thus you can extract it using the mid function...

Regards