Unanswered: Need help with simple problem

I have done this same action numerous times without a problem. I have a select query in MS Access 2002. Within that query I have a checkbox that I use to pick out the data that I want to appear in a standardize letter in MS Word 2002. I have tried doing my mail merge starting in Word and trying to bring in my data with no luck. I have tried the same thing in Access using the Merge to Microsoft Word function with no luck.

I select my recipient via the mail merge wizard and without fail the box pops up empty. The data fields in the letter and the query are all matching. Interestingly I go to my usual letters/queries and the data pops right up. I'm thinking the problem is within the query but I'm not sure what it is. Am I missing something? Should I redo the initial select query and start from scratch? I'm down to manually doing these letters and I really am not looking forward to it.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Need help with simple problem

Susan,

When you create your query and run it what is the result? Does the info. show when you run it? If not then the problem is with the query. Other than that you should be able to make it pass through to WordMerge. Check your query and see what happens there. If possible send a sample screenshot of your query before and after running it.

Bud

I've got a free sample Access database and Word mail merge that you can look over if that might help at all with the mail merge:

www.Bullschmidt.com/Access
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips