Unanswered: What is the size limit for ASE database?

Hi,

Pardon me for this silly question, but I don't really know and can't find out the answer after searching a while.

If there is a size limit for database from ASE side, how much is it? 100GB or more ? I mean the data part of the database, not the log (syslogs).

create database on device1='100G' log on device2='200M'
    go

Since I don't have a large storge device upto that size yet to perform the test by myself, I have to ask here.

Thanks!
    Naug

Provided Answers: 4

As far as I know, from what I've heard at one of my ASE-courses, a database can be up to some hundreds of Gigabytes. Maybe even some terabytes.
    There is a maximum number of databasedevices that one database can use, but I'm not sure what that number is. I think it was something like 200 devices of 32 GB each.

I think TechSupport can tell you more about these limits.

Before 12.5.1, the max nr of devices = 128. Seems to me that 12.5.1 is bypassing this limitation

Re: What is the size limit for ASE database?

Originally posted by naug
    Hi,

Pardon me for this silly question, but I don't really know and can't find out the answer after searching a while.

If there is a size limit for database from ASE side, how much is it? 100GB or more ? I mean the data part of the database, not the log (syslogs).

create database on device1='100G' log on device2='200M'
    go

Since I don't have a large storge device upto that size yet to perform the test by myself, I have to ask here.

Thanks!
    Naug
    Device limit is 32GB in most recent versions of ASE. In 12.5.1 the maximum number of devices per server is 256 (I think), and that limit will be removed in a future version (either 12.5.2 or 15, I forget which).

Michael

Max DB Size

Hi,

As Micheal said the maximum db size prior to 12.5 ASE, it is 32 GB.

Cheers,
    Siva