Question Unanswered: sql.log on NT Client

Anyone know where I can find information regarding the "sql.log" placed in the root directory of a client that utilizes SQL Server tools (EP, QA, etc.). I've searched BOL and did not locate any topics regarding this. We had to stop the MSSQLServerOLAPService in order to delete this file as it had grown to > 1GB, after about 10 months use.

I'm curious if this file is also created on client workstations that are just running a SQL app.

The presence of this file is the result of going to ODBC Data Sources Administrator, selecting Tracing tab, and clicking on Start Tracing Now button in When to trace pane. You're lucky that the default filename was not changed to something else, otherwise you'd still be guessing.

Originally posted by rdjabarov
    The presence of this file is the result of going to ODBC Data Sources Administrator, selecting Tracing tab, and clicking on Start Tracing Now button in When to trace pane. You're lucky that the default filename was not changed to something else, otherwise you'd still be guessing.
    Thanks for your help. (It was set to trace, although it is not something
    I had set up, and I am not sure if it setup by the architecture group as part of the client builds.) At least now we won't have to worry about this file filling up local disk.