Thread: what a mess

Smile Unanswered: what a mess

I'm working with my downloaded order guide. Our old ordering program was replaced with a "new and exciting" way to order. Problem is, there was no inventory program associated, and no on took the time to think about it. I found a way to download my order guide into an excel format. I could easily type in my quantity on hand, but here's the catch. Under pack count, it says case. Under Unit pack size, it says

12/case.....not 12.

In an easy world I could do.

Price/unit size (12)*amount on hand=cost on hand

then I can copy that all the way down, sum it up, and be done with it. BUT NO! I am 95% done creating this for the company. I need a way to turn "12/case" into 12. Easy enoungh If(cell)="12/case",12,0....but there are muliple pack counts ....1,6,12,24....etc.

Any ideas to get me a raise?

someone email me please. Ive got about 3 days to figure this out. I can email the order guide if anyone needs a visual.

Thanks

Wade

Have you tried Data-->Text to Columns-->Delimited-->Select Other as the Delimiter and enter / for the character.

You may need to enter a few blank columns, so that existing data won't be overwritten.

Or a formula based approach, assuming data is in Column A, put this in Column B:

=LEFT(A1,(FIND("/",A1)-1))

Which will return 12,1, 6, etc.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

smitty's the king-sh*t...no I mean it....

Smitty, you are with out a doubt the friggin king. This forum in general is one of the best I have ever seen as far as communication goes. You should all be very proud of what you do, and never stop doing it!

Much Respect

Wade Fulford

Glad I could help!