Unanswered: importing one column of data to tbl

i have two tables. they both have street address as a column and they both have street addresses broken up into street number, street name, street suffix(apt#...)

the problem is that in one tbl it's missing the street suffixes. i need to know how to add those suffixes to the table that's missing them.

cutting and pasting isn't an option.

is it possible to use an update qry to do this? something like for every record in which the primary key from one tbl matches the other it inserts the appropriate street suffix?

Re: importing one column of data to tbl

Originally posted by gutterz
    i have two tables. they both have street address as a column and they both have street addresses broken up into street number, street name, street suffix(apt#...)

the problem is that in one tbl it's missing the street suffixes. i need to know how to add those suffixes to the table that's missing them.

cutting and pasting isn't an option.

is it possible to use an update qry to do this? something like for every record in which the primary key from one tbl matches the other it inserts the appropriate street suffix?
    Yes if both tables have the the same key field - create an update query with both tables added to that, link them on the keys and then use the field to be updated in the field box (street suffix to be updated) and add the field from which date will be inserted in the update to box.