Hi,

I'm creating a batch file to install oracle silently on a new machine and then create a database for an application silently...
My problem is getting the batch file to wait for oracle install to complete before trying to create the database.... I've tried this on a Win XP box, Win 2000 box and a Win NT box with no luck. Normally "start /wait blah.exe" does the trick for me, but I can't seem to get this to work with orainst.exe. Here is the full line I'm running from the command prompt:

.\orainst -cmd .\disk1\setup.exe -silent -responseFile CMAX_test2.rsp -replaceValues "FROM_LOCATION=\"E:\OraInst\disk1\stage\products.j ar\";LOCATION_FOR_DISK1=\"E:\OraInst\disk1\";LOCAT ION_FOR_DISK2=\"E:\OraInst\disk2\";LOCATION_FOR_DI SK3=\"E:\OraInst\disk3\";ORACLE_HOME=\"D:\Douglas\ Oracle\";ORACLE_HOME_NAME=\"CMAX\";s_cfgtyperet="S oftware Only\""
pause

I'm just using the pause temporarily to stop it from running ahead and watching the task manager to see when the processor is done installing. Here's the line I was hoping would work:

start /wait .\orainst -cmd .\disk1\setup.exe -silent -responseFile CMAX_test2.rsp -replaceValues "FROM_LOCATION=\"E:\OraInst\disk1\stage\products.j ar\";LOCATION_FOR_DISK1=\"E:\OraInst\disk1\";LOCAT ION_FOR_DISK2=\"E:\OraInst\disk2\";LOCATION_FOR_DI SK3=\"E:\OraInst\disk3\";ORACLE_HOME=\"D:\Douglas\ Oracle\";ORACLE_HOME_NAME=\"CMAX\";s_cfgtyperet="S oftware Only\""

I've also tried the above command with ".\orainst.exe" in place of ".\orainst". Both times the batch file continued on and tried to create the database before Oracle was done installing. Am I putting the start /wait command in the wrong place? Or is there a more appropriate dos command I should be using instead?

Thank you in advance,