Unanswered: linking from MS access to Oracle ODBC

Here at work I use a laptop and have an Access Database which is linked to an Oracle database using ODBC. I would like to set up the same thing at home, but I can't seem to get the same configerations on the machine at home as I have at the office. Is there some way to view my configeration settings on the office machine so that I can later transfer the same settings to the home machine?

Re: linking from MS access to Oracle ODBC

Originally posted by syldania
    Here at work I use a laptop and have an Access Database which is linked to an Oracle database using ODBC. I would like to set up the same thing at home, but I can't seem to get the same configerations on the machine at home as I have at the office. Is there some way to view my configeration settings on the office machine so that I can later transfer the same settings to the home machine?
    OS - version?
    rgs,

Ghostman

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    OS for both home and office
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Re: linking from MS access to Oracle ODBC

With out knowing OS and such, you can look in the network folder under your orace home folder (ex: c:\oracle\ora92\network\admin) and find your tnsnames.ora. This is a text file that lists your Oracle connections, it may point you in the right direction.

Originally posted by syldania