Unanswered: Compare the contents of two tables

What is the best way to compare the contents of two identical tables , ie, if table A and table B have the same structure and expected to have the same content, I'm looking at the best option to identify the rows that are different ...

I'll have to do this comparison for about 30 tables, 10 of them have 60-70 thousand records ... Others are less than 10000

DB2 V7.2 FP 9 on AIX 5.1

Thanks

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: Compare the contents of two tables

I did the same couple of months ago, where I wrote a script to export two tables (A and B) at one time and used diff utility to compare the content.

dollar

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    What is the best way to compare the contents of two identical tables , ie, if table A and table B have the same structure and expected to have the same content, I'm looking at the best option to identify the rows that are different ...

I'll have to do this comparison for about 30 tables, 10 of them have 60-70 thousand records ... Others are less than 10000

DB2 V7.2 FP 9 on AIX 5.1

Thanks

Sathyaram

Re: Compare the contents of two tables

Thanks Dollar ...
    I cannot do that because I have fields >254 chars to comapre ... Export Del truncates these column values

I just found an option I think will suit my volumes of data ...

SELECT * FROM TAB1
    EXCEPT
    SELECT * FROM TAB2
    ;

SELECT * FROM TAB2
    EXCEPT
    SELECT * FROM TAB1
    ;

Will be testing it on Monday

For higher volumes, this may 'crawl'

cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.