Unanswered: sql server restore question

I have a data base on my home laptop and at my office. Called the same name of course. I backed up my data base yesterday and tried to restore the laptop database with this version.

it didn't apply my latest changest to my laptop version. the data base file, type -File , is dated 1/30/2004 and I copied it to my harddrive.

when I choose restore, I select from device, click add, browse to this file and then restore. I also selected the force restore over existing database. why didn't latest changes get applied to this database.

any thoughts??

bev

It's possibly because there are multiple backups in the same file, and the second database only has internal knowledge of an earlier backup than the one you want to restore.

You could try Restore->from device->disk->file and bring up the list of known backups within the file, from the restore device dialog. If the one you want is later than the currently checked one, change the latest one to checked.

thanks. that was it, i had multiple versions, and had to select from the most recent version. Great!!

bev