Thread: ODBC error

Unanswered: ODBC error

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Trying to connect from Access to an Oracle database at work and get the attached message
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails odbc call failed.bmp  

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Too little information provided.
    Not worth my time to guess.

EXACTLY what have you done in order to make you think it should work?

I don't want to waste your valuable time, so don't think about this anymore. I have it working.

Oracle Product Document Library (C) Oracle Corporation Manual: ORACLE NETWORK CODES Reference: A32089-1 ORA-12154 TNS:Could not resolve service name Cause: The service name specified is not defined in the TNSNAMES.ORA file. Action: Make the following checks and correct the error: * Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper place and accessible. See the operating system specific manual for details on the required name and location. * Check to see that the service name exists in one of the TNSNAMES.ORA files and add it if necessary. * Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the file. Particularly look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Any error in a TNSNAMES.ORA file makes it unusable. See Chapter 4 in the SQL*Net Administrator's Guide. If possible regenerate the configuration files using the Oracle Network Manager.

Thanks for all your time!