Red face Winmgmt.exe - Application Error

Hi there !

I have Win2k Professional. Yesterday, i installed the service pack 4.4 from microsoft websites. After successful, installation when i reboot my machine and restart again... I start getting this nasty error at startup and every single minute..

Winmgmt.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x77fcc663" referenced memory at "0x007d3743". The memory could not be written."

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

Apart from that, IIS stop working from then.. I re-installed, installed 2wice IIS but all my effort is fruitless...

Please help me to get rid of this error.. Its very annoying to press okay button every single minute. Please put somelight how can i fix both of my issue..

With Thanks!
    Last edited by sqlboy; 02-01-04 at 09:12.

Exclamation Re: Winmgmt.exe - Application Error

Dear sqlboy,

Actually I've god the same problem after installed Win2k SP4. How to fix the problem!
    Try the instructions below:
    1. Log on as administrator to your local computer;
    2. Right click on my computer, then manage;
    3. Expand Services and Application then click on services
    4. In the right pane you would see all services listed
    5. Scroll down and find out two services name;windows management intrumentation and windows management instrumentation driver extentions.
    6. Right click each service and go to properties and disabled the services.
    7. Restart your computer.

Hopefully the instructions above could help you to fix that problem.

Originally posted by sqlboy
    Hi there !

I have Win2k Professional. Yesterday, i installed the service pack 4.4 from microsoft websites. After successful, installation when i reboot my machine and restart again... I start getting this nasty error at startup and every single minute..

Winmgmt.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x77fcc663" referenced memory at "0x007d3743". The memory could not be written."

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

Apart from that, IIS stop working from then.. I re-installed, installed 2wice IIS but all my effort is fruitless...

Please help me to get rid of this error.. Its very annoying to press okay button every single minute. Please put somelight how can i fix both of my issue..

With Thanks!