Unanswered: Delay in Master/Slave

Hello,
    I just set up a master/slave in mysql and i had a php script which i benchmarked at 0.6 - 1 second when mysql and php are running on the same host.
    Then i configured the script to connect to the slave server and ran the script again the execution reached 5 seconds. Is that normal ?? Or is probably my hardware which needs to be upgraded ?

Re: Delay in Master/Slave

It really matters what kind of connection you ar using and the query or the script you are running.
    Please specify what kind of Master/Salve is your server, The medium of connection between them.

Rajesh

Originally posted by manjitr
    Hello,
    I just set up a master/slave in mysql and i had a php script which i benchmarked at 0.6 - 1 second when mysql and php are running on the same host.
    Then i configured the script to connect to the slave server and ran the script again the execution reached 5 seconds. Is that normal ?? Or is probably my hardware which needs to be upgraded ?

the server is a pentium III 1.4Ghz and the slave is a Pentium II 600Mhz .. and are connected on a LAN by a cisco catalyst 1900.

Your network don't seems to be slow, but the fact that the script is running through the network, matters. So I don't think there is any problem with your hardware. Normally the scripts running on the network takes little more time than on the Master. A lot of other services are involved when you run throught a network, os that may be the reason you script takes 5 seconds on the slave.

Rajesh

the server is a pentium III 1.4Ghz and the slave is a Pentium II 600Mhz .. and are connected on a LAN by a cisco catalyst 1900.

so what else could it be ?

tried pinging and all round trips were less than 1ms. the slave is running windows OS.. could that be it ?

Re: so what else could it be ?

Yes that would be the probable reason.
    You may be knowing that windows OS is quiet slower than linux or rest. Windows uses lots of unwanted servies that makes the browsing or running the query through the network slower. Try installing a client for MYSQL on your slave and try executing the queries through the client or use telnet to coonect to your Master and execute some big queries in that check for the time in both master and slave

Rajesh

tried pinging and all round trips were less than 1ms. the slave is running windows OS.. could that be it ?

sounds like a good idea..
    will try that.

thanx by the way..