Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    11

    Unhappy Unanswered: SQL*Loader problem with Chinese Character

    Hi,

    I am having a problem with SQL*Loader to import a Chinese Character txt file.

    Does anyone know if Chinese character is an issue of using SQL*Loader?

    How can I fix it?

    I have no problem if the txt file without Chinese Character within.

    My operating system is AIX 5L.

    Roger

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Beijing . China
    Posts
    9
    I think you should check your NLS and ENV parameters first .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    11
    Originally posted by Fenng
    I think you should check your NLS and ENV parameters first .
    I am new to Oracle. How to check these parameter? And what part I should pay more attention to?

    Thanks in advance,

    Regards,

    Roger

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    833
    Originally posted by Pilaco
    I am new to Oracle. How to check these parameter? And what part I should pay more attention to?

    Thanks in advance,

    Regards,

    Roger
    depending on your platform

    windows/nt either look into the registry
    or from the command shell issue SET nls

    on unix check you .profile of your user account normally located /home/<user>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    11
    Originally posted by osy45
    depending on your platform

    windows/nt either look into the registry
    or from the command shell issue SET nls

    on unix check you .profile of your user account normally located /home/<user>
    I looked at the ENV parameters and found out

    NLS_LANG="American_America.UTF8"

    It seems this couldn't be the problem because UTF8 supports Chinese character, right?

    Regards,

    Roger

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    99
    check the database character set and NLS_LANG eg.

    NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    11
    Originally posted by zaki_mtk
    check the database character set and NLS_LANG eg.

    NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8.
    The character set is AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

    Any idea?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •