Thread: Title in Grpah

Unanswered: Title in Grpah

I'm trying to set up a graph with the inputs to the query as the graph title. I.e. [Enter Area] is the input for the query. I want whatever is typed in there to be placed on the top of the graph report. This works fine for me in other (text only) reports by simply using using a text box with "=[Enter Area]", but not in the graphs.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Last edited by accessnoobie; 02-02-04 at 13:05.

Have you graph be part of a report and have the title be fed directly to the report and not the actual graph.

S-

Originally posted by sbaxter
    Have you graph be part of a report and have the title be fed directly to the report and not the actual graph.

S-
    That's what I think I am doing. I started by using the "Chart Wizerd", and then played around a little until I got what I wanted on the graph. Now I can add a text box to the report header and put =[Enter Line]. So when I run the report, it pops up the input "Enter Line", I type in "6", and the report runs the graph looks good, but instead of putting "6" in the report header it has "#Name?".

Does that help, or do I have no idea what I'm doing here?

Also wondering if anyone can suggest a good resource for learing access DB. I've only been using it a few months, and it is mostly self taught, so I'm definatly lacking in the lingo.

Any help with the above post would be great....Thanks!

if you are already capturing the [Enter Value] is already captured in the query then just reference the query directly. If you aren't then capturing it in the query and reference it from the query.

query epression:

KeyedData:[Enter Value]

S-

Not really sure what you meant, sorry pretty new and lacking terminology. So my query is set up to just look at the data for what every I enter in [Enter Line]. In the query design view I put "Like [Enter Line]" as the criteria. Now I go to my graphing report and do what?

I appologize for my ignorance at this point...thanks for your patience.