Thread: Absolute novice

Post Unanswered: Absolute novice

if anyone can help me out with this tht wud be great...
    How do i make a particular layout always appear first every time the file is double clicked.
    I have setting the layout order...doesnt help....it always opens on the layout tht the file was closed on.

Also...How do I put the current date onto a layout...emaning everytime I opent eh file it should display the current date....I tried using Insert-> Current date...but it dispalys the current day for tht day...If I open the layout on another day it still displays the old date...
    Last edited by amit_kapoor; 02-03-04 at 00:04.

Re: Absolute novice

Open your file, go to toolbar: Edit > Preferences > Document > General Tab and in the "When opening" frame choose the layout you want to
    appear when opening the db and check the box.
    Date: Create a calculating field and use the "Today" function, place the field on your layout. (Today returns the current data from your systems clock).

Originally posted by amit_kapoor
    if anyone can help me out with this tht wud be great...
    How do i make a particular layout always appear first every time the file is double clicked.
    I have setting the layout order...doesnt help....it always opens on the layout tht the file was closed on.

Also...How do I put the current date onto a layout...emaning everytime I opent eh file it should display the current date....I tried using Insert-> Current date...but it dispalys the current day for tht day...If I open the layout on another day it still displays the old date...
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions

Re: Absolute novice

Thank you so much Mr. Rick Knight...I see that you are the one that is posting most of the replies...Thanks again.