Unanswered: installation on win2000

Hi,
    i-m trying to install Sybase ASE 12.0 on a windows 2000 advanced server, SP4. I-ve executed succesfully the first part of the installation, but when the system reboots, the installation doesn-t restart. I only see a dos windows for a while but i can-t obtain useful informations.
    Could anyone help me?
    Thank you.

Provided Answers: 4

Arrow

Does Windos continue starting up after you see the DOS-box?

If it does, you can restart the installation at the point where it should have continued withe restart-file. That file is located in the root-dir of the install-cd and is called restart.bat.

Code:
    rem restart media-drive media-dir restart-file
    rem
    rem media-drive		is the source device (normally the CD drive)
    rem media-dir		is the source directory (normally \ )
    rem restart-file	                is the name of the file where the restart info
    rem			was saved (normally %SYBASE%\reboot.sav )
    Use this file to restart the installation, with the correct parameter (see code above). Just search for the reboot.sav-file, and all should go well.

Good luck!

Re: installation on win2000

Originally posted by alfredicci
    Hi,
    i-m trying to install Sybase ASE 12.0 on a windows 2000 advanced server, SP4. I-ve executed succesfully the first part of the installation, but when the system reboots, the installation doesn-t restart. I only see a dos windows for a while but i can-t obtain useful informations.
    Could anyone help me?
    Thank you.

If you server has P4 prosessor, you have to update Java from Sun.
    Copy installation files from CD to harddisk, install newer java and copy files from folder where you installed java to folder where you copy the Sybase installation files. Correct folder is shared-1_0\java1.2.2