Unanswered: variables loose their values. strange.

Heya.

Situation:
    Form1 has a button. When clicked Form2 pops-up. Form2 makes a call to Form1's public sub.

When control flow enters Form1's public sub all global variable values in Form1's VB module
    are re-set to 'empty' even though Form1 is still opened. I remember having this problem before.
    I can't think of what caused it.

Any idea anybody?
    F..ck it, gimme a beer... Jimi Hendrix RULES!

the variables probably are global at FORM level thus beeing reset at run from form2.

yes, you're correct.

How do I prevent them from being re-set?

Does declaring them in Form_Load sub as 'static' help?

on the second though these variables are used in more then one sub and have to be visible
    outside 'Form_Load' sub.

Calling a 'public' sub in a form is 'bad practice' anyway. Anything public and/or global should be put into modules.... Doing so will/should also eliviate the problem

Regards

why is it a "bad practice"?!

that public sub is only called by second form.

If you don't have any solution then stop wasting my time and keep your opinions all to yourself.

Originally posted by sup

If you don't have any solution then stop wasting my time and keep your opinions all to yourself.
    Sup,

I have to agree with namliam ... Calling a sub of a form from another form should be done with extreme care ... I have done the same thing a couple times but on subs that do not initialize variables in the called form ... Why are you doing this anyways?

Originally posted by sup

Listen friend if you dont appreciate my time and effort thats your porogative.... however i am just (trying hard to not get mad) trying to help... As you may note, in my original post
    he variables probably are global at FORM level thus beeing reset at run from form2.
    I did use PROBABLY, meaning to most ppl I think, but am not sure.... Its a possible source of your trouble.

Anything public should be public.... NOT inside a form.... When doing so I KNOW there will not be any problem, hence your sollution. Not an opinion but a FACT!

I will even bet there are better ways of doing this, than using publics...

Regards

The Opinionator