Unanswered: this recordset is not updatable

Hello,

I've set up a very simple data entry database and have split it front end/back end. I distributed runtimes to 3 other computers. However, when I open the forms on the computers, it tells me the recordset is not updatable. I feel like I have tried everything, and seems all parameters are set up correctly. I have had this problem for about a month now and have gotten nowhere. Are there any folks possibly interested in taking a look if I were to email a zip file? Also, it seems occasionally I get an error "Could not lock file". not sure if the 2 go hand in hand.

Thank you much,
    Aaron

Re: this recordset is not updatable

Originally posted by jovantovich
    Hello,

I've set up a very simple data entry database and have split it front end/back end. I distributed runtimes to 3 other computers. However, when I open the forms on the computers, it tells me the recordset is not updatable. I feel like I have tried everything, and seems all parameters are set up correctly. I have had this problem for about a month now and have gotten nowhere. Are there any folks possibly interested in taking a look if I were to email a zip file? Also, it seems occasionally I get an error "Could not lock file". not sure if the 2 go hand in hand.

Thank you much,
    Aaron
    Post an zip sample base in Access 97 format for see what is the problem
    Saludos
    Norberto

Re: this recordset is not updatable

I usually see this when I've setup my table joins certain ways in my queries. Some types of joins make it impossible to modify the data in the underlying tables. I tweak the query and things work fine.

But it could be something else related to your other intermittent error.

Magee