Unanswered: If statement Not Working

After a recent switch from MS Access to SQL Server 2000 some simple ASP if statements seem to not work.

In MS Assess I would use this an if statement to determine if a field was null.

<% if objRS("Review") <> "" then %>

Now this doesn't work to evelauate the field in SQL Server 2000 for null. I work with allot of text and it seems redundant for me to put triggers into the databases that will have to be maintained and updated when a text fields is empty or not.

Anyone with experience in this or who knows how to work with if statements, ASP when dealing with SQL Server 2000 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JimWa

In MSSQL, you need to use

<% if Not IsNull(objRS("Review")) then %>

Thats seems to have done the trick. Thank you so much for your help!

You wouldn't happen to know why working with Double quotes " is an issue with SQL Server do you?

<% if objRS("Review") <> "" then %> is used to check if the field is blank.

Yes that works in MS Access as the backend... And what I use currently. Am testing my new database (MS Sequel Server 2000) and it does not work.

And I tested the wrong thing early. Your example didn't work as I had previoulsy thought it did.

It's like it can't recongnize blank text fields or something.

If you think that the value of the field may be NULL or empty, it is better to use the following statement:

<%
    If Not IsNull(RS("columnName")) And Not IsEmpty(RS("columnName")) Then
    %>