Unanswered: Printing Oracle Reports (PDF) on UNIX from Concurrent manager

I am using Oracle Applications and have had Acrobat 5.0 installed on the unix box. When a Oracle Report is submitted from concurrent manager to go directly to the printer I get the oracle title page, but do not get the report. However, I can view the report from concurrent manager, which uses my windows reader...

I have tried to run it from the command prompt, I get the same oracle title page, but do not get the actual report. It is like acroread is not opening the file to print it or something.. I do not get any error messages.

cat /ap/d/fin/v1/fnd1comn/admin/out/FND1_alaudinf003/o12515.out | /opt/Acrobat5/bin/acroread -toPostScript -shrink | lp -c -dCDT-LJ-5Si -n1

I have modified my oracle print driver argument in Oracle as follow: cat $PROFILES$.FILENAME | /opt/Acrobat5/bin/acroread -toPostScript -shrink | lp -c -d$PROFILES$.PRINTER -n$PROFILES$.CONC_COPIES $PROFILES$.FILENAME

Does anyone have any idea why I would not get the report?

Is there a way to test acroread or acrobat to know for sure if the IT folks installed the software correctly?

Could it be because the Profiles.filename extention is out, not pdf? Do I need to change the extention? If I choose to view the report, it does open using the windows version of acrobat, so that makes me believe since the oracle output format is PDF, then it should be able to print the file with out changing the extention.

File name contains: /ap/d/fin/v1/fnd1comn/admin/out/FND1_alaudinf003/o12515.out

Re: Printing Oracle Reports (PDF) on UNIX from Concurrent manager

Originally posted by newportm
    I am using Oracle Applications and have had Acrobat 5.0 installed on the unix box. When a Oracle Report is submitted from concurrent manager to go directly to the printer I get the oracle title page, but do not get the report. However, I can view the report from concurrent manager, which uses my windows reader...

I have tried to run it from the command prompt, I get the same oracle title page, but do not get the actual report. It is like acroread is not opening the file to print it or something.. I do not get any error messages.

cat /ap/d/fin/v1/fnd1comn/admin/out/FND1_alaudinf003/o12515.out | /opt/Acrobat5/bin/acroread -toPostScript -shrink | lp -c -dCDT-LJ-5Si -n1

I have modified my oracle print driver argument in Oracle as follow: cat $PROFILES$.FILENAME | /opt/Acrobat5/bin/acroread -toPostScript -shrink | lp -c -d$PROFILES$.PRINTER -n$PROFILES$.CONC_COPIES $PROFILES$.FILENAME

Does anyone have any idea why I would not get the report?

Is there a way to test acroread or acrobat to know for sure if the IT folks installed the software correctly?

Could it be because the Profiles.filename extention is out, not pdf? Do I need to change the extention? If I choose to view the report, it does open using the windows version of acrobat, so that makes me believe since the oracle output format is PDF, then it should be able to print the file with out changing the extention.

File name contains: /ap/d/fin/v1/fnd1comn/admin/out/FND1_alaudinf003/o12515.out
    do you have a metalink acount? i am not a dba, nor do i know unix... but i found some config info for printers for ora apps 11i and reports6i - if its useless i apologise, if its on to something i' be happy to do a more refined metalink search.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GhostMan; 02-03-04 at 14:15.
    rgs,

Ghostman

your attached file was blank...

The attached file was blank.. I do have a metelink account...
    I have done many diffrent searches.. but came up empty.. please reattach your file for hopefuuly my solution lies within...

Re: your attached file was blank...

Originally posted by newportm
    The attached file was blank.. I do have a metelink account...
    I have done many diffrent searches.. but came up empty.. please reattach your file for hopefuuly my solution lies within...
    if you have a metalink account... is used the following query...

applications 11i reports 6i unix printing pdf

the first article returned was the one i was looking at - unix printer settings for 6i, 11i etc...

good luck.
    rgs,

Ghostman

Thumbs up Problem Solved - Printing Oracle Reports(PDF) on UNIX from Concurrent manager

Okay, I have found my problem.

My printer CDT-LJ-5Si, which is a HP LaserJet 5Si does not support postscript.

PostScript Fonts
    The HP LaserJet 5Si MX is configured with Adobe’s PostScript Level 2 language and includes 35 scaleable PostScript fonts. The 5Si/5Si NX requires the optional Adobe PostScript SIMM be installed before this option is available. Adobe’s PostScript Level 2 is compatible with earlier versions of the language.

So, the reason that my report would not print is a printer issue, not acrobat.. I have successfully printer the report to a diffrent departments printer.

My syntax for acrobat is correct and works great, once you have a working printer... thanks to everyone that gave me thier input.